Friday, December 6, 2013

Oh Look, It's Storytime with Lilith...

My life has gone a bit crazy in the past few days... You know how i said i was talking to my ex-husband about fixing things between us and getting back together? ...yeah... Does it make me a fuck up if i completely unintentionally met someone else who really sparked my interest? He's my best friend's boyfriend's friend... wow that sounds kind of complicated when i put it that way, but you get the picture. We'll call him Gaige. I don't know what it is about him... but i was kind of drawn to him from the first time i saw him. I tried to ignore it and stay away from him though, because everyone knows nothing good ever comes of romance. However, the bestie, noticed the hidden spark and decided she needed to set us up to at least talk to each other, so she asked me to go out with her to a local bar for "wing night". 49 cent wings? Hell yeah, i'm down for that! Little did i know it wasn't just me and her going. Her boyfriend, Gaige, and another of her man's friends were coming too.
I thought nothing of it. We got to the bar and all sat down. Bestie's boyfriend made sure he sat next to her, so i sat across from her and Gaige sat next to me. I thought nothing of that either. We all ordered our drinks and Bestie decided she needed me to go to the bathroom with her because she wasn't sure where it was. On the way, she leaned over close and asked me, "So... you like Gaige, don't you?"
I jumped. "You read me too well. I thought i was doing a great job at hiding that."
"It's what best friends do," she said with a shrug.
We used the bathroom and returned to the table. For some reason, Bestie's comment made me a little bit braver. Maybe it was just a "fuck it, everyone probably knows already" kind of thing, but i started talking to Gaige. Nothing extremely interesting, just the normal small talk, yet somehow it made me like him more. Halfway through the meal, Bestie leaned across the table and whispered, "He likes you too."
I just glared at her...but with a little bit of a smile.
The waitress came over with our checks, and Gaige, out of nowhere, said, "I've got hers."
I was shocked. "A...are you sure?"
He nodded.
Do you know how long it's been since someone bought me a meal? A long time.
Then we all went back to Bestie's house to chill for the rest of the evening. We started drinking... well, Bestie and i did. The men had a few drinks, but not nearly as many as we did. I ended up staying the night because Bestie needed a ride to a job interview in the morning. Gaige ended up staying the night...because...he wanted to? Haha. I have no idea why he stayed, but we wound up cuddling and talking and just goofing off all night. It was wonderful. Then all day the next day, we cuddled and talked and goofed off. Wednesday evening before i went into work, we met up cuddled and talked and picked on each other some more. Same deal last night. It's wonderful. He's the first man in quite some time that's made me feel like i'm more than just a piece of meat (my ex-husband included). He's got this way of looking at me that just makes me feel like we're communicating beyond words. It scares the shit out of me, but i feel like it just might be worth the risk...
Ok, enough of that romantic crap. On the Ana front, she's not taking complete control of me again, so don't worry. My stomach however, has been acting weird. I accidentally (and i really do mean completely accidentally, not the bullshit line we give everyone) forgot to eat anything at all all day on tuesday, and ever since then, my stomach has decided it doesn't like food. I get heartburn when i eat anything, and can only manage small portions. What the fuck, body?! But it has made me lose 6 pounds in 2 days, so i guess i really shouldn't complain. I have yet to start an ab workout... Ugh. Gotta get off my lazy butt and make that happen.
I love you ladies, thanks for reading all my ridiculous rambles.

1 comment:

  1. Woah, nice guy sounds nice! If this is a mask and he turns out to be a douchewad like the ex I'll put my steelcaps so far up his ass he'll be cleaning them when he brushes his teeth >:(

    I hope your stomach tones down the acid things soon. You need fuel for the job and the ab workouts! Treat it like morning sickness. Bland stuff helps.

    You do realise that by your logic than means you're one of the best people in the world too, right?

    <3

    ReplyDelete